Sunday, August 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Romney!!!

I know this is a bit late, but we really haven't done anything worth blogging about so this is the most exciting thing I could think of. Well, Romney just turned... You really don't think I would tell you how old she is, do you!?! Whatever her age, let's just say she's younger than me. :(

I didn't know what I was going to get her for her birthday. Every time I asked her what she wanted, she said she didn't know. I was ready to buy her something off her Amazon wishlist but she finally started saying what she wanted: a pair of work sandals. *Sigh* She's so practical. However, the family members helped get her some fun things though, including Stranger than Fiction (I usually don't like much of Will Ferrel's stuff and apparently Taylor, Romney's brother, thinks similarly, but we both liked this one, as well as Romney), CandyLand, a Hello Kitty lunch bag that she absolutely adores, a Japanese-character notebook (I don't know which character it is), and another thing or two I don't remember. Plus we got some cash which we used to go out and eat a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. We ended up asking our friends, Justin and Tomoe Call, to come along with us. We also went to Yogurtland for frozen yogurt a new fad that seems to be sweeping Honolulu.

I also made Romney a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting and some "wavy" candles. As she was going to blow the candles out, Justin and Tomoe asked where our video camera was to tape it. With the candles still burning, we started running around looking for the camera but couldn't find it anywhere. Meanwhile, the candles had almost burned out so Romney had to quickly make her wish and blow them out before they sputtered out and died. We were pretty disappointed. Later that night, we found the camera under one of the bedroom nightstands since we really didn't have anywhere else to put it, but I forgot that I was the one who put it there...so it's all my fault. If I hadn't "lost" it, there could have been a short video of Romney blowing out her birthday cake candles. Anyway, happy birthday Roms! You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment