Friday, May 30, 2014

May 2014

May has come and gone so fast...now for Summer! At my work, I am on a committee that partners with other agencies to sponsor events for children in foster care. We have an annual appreciation day for Foster Parents and their families. It is a day of beach activities at Secret Island. I have never heard of this place before, but it is run by Kualoa ranch. The only way to get there is by a boat across Molii Fish Pond. 


 Once you get there, the beach has kayaks, stand up paddle, canoes, a glass bottom boat, volleyball, and hammocks to relax. Dainan came with me to the event since my co-worker was unable to attend. Unfortunately it rained all day and poured while we went across the fish pond so we helped pass out the lunch, talked to some volunteers, and went home. Despite the weather it was a nice setting and hopefully next year it won't be raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment